Sure, there are lots of DIY jewelry storage ideas out there, but most seem to involve 3 things I'm not a fan of: 1) using wall space, 2) hanging up everything, and 3) things getting dusty. Since I'm rapidly running out of wall space (and since I don't like the cluttered look of hanging jewelry in my bedroom), I hate dusting, and since I feel like it's probably not good to hang necklaces from a peg for the long term, I was stumped.
Back when we were in Bamberg I found myself perusing a modern home decor shop (across the street from this cool place) and found my perfect solution. Enter Koziol's tiered serving tray, Babell. I love this thing! I keep meaning to buy more, because at 12 Euro I can actually afford to buy more, and because with the amount of small stuff that needs corralling in this house, more would be helpful (think phones, keys, and spare change).
Why I love it:
- Clean modern design that comes in lots of colors
- At approx. 12 Euro, the price is right (though my size is showing 20 Euro on their site and more on Amazon, weird! I think the shop must've made a mistake when I bought mine, hm.)
- It's plastic, so it's not too precious to use for everyday items
- The 3 tiers stack, so you could use the top tray in one room and the others elsewhere, or use all 3 separately to serve things at a party; the possibilities are endless!
- I can see everything that's on there, making it easy to find just what I want.
- It's not huge (the bottom tier is dinner plate sized), meaning I can easily slide mine into my bedroom cabinet to keep things dust-free.
What about you? Any favorite repurposed items in your home? Anybody else have a nagging storage problem?