Saturday, October 8, 2011

Patchwork Pillow #1

So I was only able to get one of the two pillows done before the guests arrived. After fighting with the jam of the year and several failed attempts to perfect the Y-seams that Pillow #2 requires, I told myself to chill out and be happy that I was able to crank out the first one. I'm really happy with how this one turned out, which is why I don't want to start sewing the pieces to #2 until I can make a good Y-seam.

While my pride is injured in that I couldn't make the second pillow, I also actually like that I have a challenge in the Y-seam. It makes me feel like I'm learning something new and that once I've mastered it, I'll be able to feature it in a project I'm already excited about. Still, I think it was good that I stepped away from the sewing machine before getting too upset!

Anybody else struggling with a new creative skill? Have any tips on Y-seams/inset pieces?

3 comments :

Monica said...

Nice! Love the colors. I don't sew and I am not sure what a Y-seam is, but I am really impressed that you are learning it. :)

Carolyn said...

very cute! love the colors.

wunderschön-gemacht.de said...

liebe juliette, das ksissen ist dir wunderschön gelungen! die farben sind so schön herbstlich. herzliche waldgrüße, dunja

Related Posts with Thumbnails