Friday, February 18, 2011

Pillow project: I'm Stuck!

patchwork-collage-ideas-WEB

Well, that pretty much sums up where I am with my pillow saga. I did my practice pillow, I have inspiration from here and here, and I'm seriously looking at this idea as well....but I can't commit! Have you ever had this problem??

I want to feature the larger print with the flowers, but nothing seems to be 'right'. I also have a huge editing project that's due today as well as a 10 minute talk to give auf Deutsch tomorrow, so I think my brain is just fried right now. Maybe next week will be my slow week??

Also, a special hello and welcome to the crazy amount of new visitors that are popping over from a reference to me on German blog Liebesbotschaft! Unfortunately there's not a lot of German here for you, but there will be a German/English artist interview coming up soon!

** Liebe Grüße und herzliche Willkommen an die neue Besucher von Liebesbotschaft's Post! Es gibt fast gar kein Deutsch hier für euch, aber ein Deutsch/Englisch Interview kommt gleich! (mit viel bessere Deutsch, ha!) **

Since I'm so stuck, any ideas on the pillow project would be welcome....hint hint =)

11 comments :

Epp said...

I'd say number 2. I like how the other fabrics frame the floral print. Very Kenzo-esque (and coming from me, this definitely is a good thing;-)).

Must run now. I'll be back later! Have a great day!

Carolyn said...

I like 3 best. Hope you have a nice weekend, J!

C N Heidelberg said...

I like view 6, but if you aren't feeling any of them I'd let it rest for a bit. Sometimes if you just wait the right idea will pop into your head in the shower or lying in bed or something!

Monica said...

For myself I would probably shuffle those fabrics from here to eternity. Have I mentioned that I have a problem with committing? I vote for 2 or 3. :)

Antje said...

number 3! :-)
Have a nice weekend.
Antje

frauheuberg said...

for me its also nr.3...i love it the most...;)...and thanks for your little link again...;)...would be very exciting to see the finishing product...so a lovle cozy weekend...take care and hugs...i...

Allison said...

I couldn't agree with CN Heidelberg more. I can't tell you how many times I pushed myself to work on a project when I wasn't "feeling it", and then ended up trashing it, tearing it apart to redo it, or it is sitting my unfinished pile.

I really like number 2, but maybe if you kept it to two or three fabrics that would simplify the design. I also like number 3, but maybe try the turquiose fabric on the side instead of the red.

Too bad you are so far away, I love this collection too!

Valentina Fussell said...

I like #2, but I wouldn't stress over it too much. Just go with your gut! Hope your weekend gives you some time to relax! Hugs from Denmark!

maybe*mej said...

hi there. =) well... i am not a sewer att all but i like nr 3. =) Hope next week will be a little bit slower for you. Have a great sunday.

Kelly said...

I know I'm chiming in late, but I love that pale blue fabric in #2. I have a hard time committing on this stuff, too. Good luck!

penandview said...

#3. For sure. It's just balanced well and my eye went straight to it. Sometimes I wish I could just fly over there and take pictures of all of your fun little projects and neighborhood. I know the grass is always greener on the other side, but it would be fun to be there for a little while. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails