Saturday, January 4, 2014

Pardon the dust...

Instead of resolving to do something, why not just go ahead and DO it? Or at least make some real steps towards getting something done (because doing something sometimes takes some doing)?

I'm throwing out the lists this year, although they've had their place in my past. 2014 is about grabbing the bull by the horns and getting stuff done. I think another aspect will be recognizing when to do something that's 'good enough' and not spending forever agonizing over unnecessary details. Major on the majors, minor on the minors.

One major thing I've been wanting to do is revamp this blog's design. For like ever. In November I won some free design work and agonized over what I wanted this space to look like. I had lists of ideas and couldn't make a decision (anybody else like this?). So it didn't get done.

Then I decided to just pull the trigger on Jan 2. Is it perfect? No. I'm going to live in this skin for a bit before deciding where to make some tweaks. But it's good enough for now. And you know what? Sometimes 'good enough' is enough to propel you along into the space where you can actually make decisions about the fine points.

The especially nice thing about this 'good enough' design is that it's actually quite good. Props to Carrie over at Carrie Loves design studio, who, funnily enough, I paid to revamp my first (now defunct) blog ever back in 2007. Since she's been in the biz for so long, you know she knows her stuff. You should check out her website and Etsy shop. She's got a good eye for design and is awesome about speedy communication.

Last summer we drove through the Alps and explored northeastern Italy. The photo above is what we saw at the start of our journey. Sometimes we weren't sure if our car was up to the task, but it ended up doing marvelously. Sounds a little like me and this blog, ahem. What about you? Anybody still here? What are you DOING in 2014?


2 comments :

Carrie @carrieloves said...

Juliette the picture is beautiful! Best of luck blogging in 2014! If you ever need any tweaks or additions to the design just let me know!

Juliette said...

@Carrie: Thank you! So much!

Related Posts with Thumbnails