Thursday, March 3, 2011

Oragmi Bows and Repurposed Masking Tape Rolls

Well I am too stumped to continue with the pillow project. Every time I pick up the idea in my head and turn it around a few times to see if I can go further...I can't. For some reason I can't get the idea of incorporating solid colors out of my head...alas, I have none that match my patterns, so I'm back to being stumped. I think I may be forced to just make something to tide me over because we really do need pillows on the couch!

On the upswing, I've come up with a design for a pillow in my office, so I'll be stitching that together soon, hooray! It's going to be pretty darn cute, so I can't wait to get it done!

bow-collage-2-WEB

In the meantime, check out these origami bows from Tweety Atelier (via Zakkalife). How adorable are they?! This blog is published in some kind of Asian language and seems to be completely flash-based, so unfortunately I can't point you toward direct links for the project. However, it's not too hard to poke around and see all the crazy paper projects she's done!

bow-collage-1-WEB

I also wanted to show another one of her great projects for repurposing those large masking tape rolls. She turned them into little containers and a pin cushion; how clever is that?

tape-collage-WEB

What about you? Are you an origami person? I seem to have success with simple designs, so maybe I'll be able to pull off this bow...?

4 comments :

Georgianna said...

This is really delightful, Juliette! Wonderful ideas that I haven't seen before. And so many great posts from you – look forward to catching up!

xo – g

Allison said...

Is there such a thing as being too cute? If so, these bows are it!

wunderschön-gemacht.de said...

i love bows, these are soooo beautiful, thanks for that great idea! dunja

Frau Haselmayer said...

Oh, these bowties are too cute!

Related Posts with Thumbnails