Thursday, December 17, 2009

Furoshiki

I had to try this out on one of Stefan's presents this year. It's not official furoshiki, but I had it in mind when I did this. The box had a metal handle on it that would rip through any of the paper we had, so I grabbed a small square table cloth and wrapped up the box and tied it w/some ribbon I'd had rolled up in my stash (hence the ripples, which I kind of liked).


Turned out pretty well I thought. I wrapped it like I would if it were being wrapped in paper, and it worked for the size of fabric I had on hand. Said giftwrap is now back in the linen closet since we celebrated the German end of Christmas this past Sunday since the other half would be in the US.

To learn more about furoshiki, click here.

No comments :

Related Posts with Thumbnails