Monday, March 11, 2013

Spring Fair

Has spring fever hit you yet? This weekend I had the opportunity to spontaneously attend a spring fair that was all about gardening, plants and handcrafts. A local nursery spread their lovely flowers around the property as decoration and all kinds of tables were set up by local craftsmen to sell their own wares. We had quite a bit of rain (and a mud puddle of a parking lot!), but there were also quite a few tables indoors. I was surprised by how many were strictly hobbyists with no web presence. It makes me think a little pop-up shop might be fun.

This little table was one of my favorites. I didn't get a chance to meet the artist, but her vases and tealights were really sweet. I liked her Ei (egg) theme for spring. I love eggs and their symbolism of new life in the spring and around Easter!

What did you do this weekend? Have you/would you ever consider having a pop-up shop of sorts?

No comments :

Related Posts with Thumbnails