Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Simple Fabric Scrap Flower DIY

I'm a scrap hoarder. I know I should try to use up my scraps more often, but I often get hung up on the latest and greatest big idea. Last night I sat down in front of a little scrap pile and was determined to see what I could come up with. This little floral corsage is the result, perfect for adorning gifts or whatever else you have around. I used a bit of double sided tape to stick it to this jar, just to see if it would hold -and it did! (Incidentally, you can see some of the acid green paint I had mentioned!)

It was certainly easy enough to make. I just fussy cut around some floral patterns and snipped some rough 'leaves' from a bit of green linen. I added some bits of ribbon for a splash and stitched down a button to hold it all together. It's a bit floppy as I didn't stiffen the fabric or use interfacing, but it makes for a great gift topper or something you could stitch down onto something else, like a lampshade or fabric covered journal.

How do you make yourself use up your scraps? Do you find yourself making the same sorts of things with your scraps? I have some paper scraps I need to tend to as well...

No comments :

Related Posts with Thumbnails