Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Easy Fabric Pinboard DIY

I've been wanting some kind of pinboard in my office, but couldn't find the right thing for the longest time. All the affordable cork boards were ugly and I knew I would never get around to painting the frame. I also wasn't sure I really wanted one drilled into our concrete walls (and knew I wouldn't be into filling holes).

I can be incredibly indecisive and non-committal. I doubt I'm the only one.

This idea was initially manifested on Holly's blog, but again the nails were off-putting. I revisited my days of teaching camp craft and found a way to rig my fabric between my shelf brackets by simply knotting two corners of the fabric and tying them to my anchor points. I already had the fabric on hand. Twine, washi tap, paperclips, pins and clothes pegs make great ways to adhere things.

I'm rather pleased with my pinboard solution. It leaves no trace on my walls while providing ample space to pin little bits and bobs. Things like pretty gift wrap from Tina, a failed craft attempt remnant, some pom-pom wire, Amy Butler's autograph and a note from Allison all have their home here. My little calendar is also right at home.

Do you have a pinboard? What sort of things hang on yours?


2 comments :

Allison said...

I don't have a pinboard, but I do have a few things (like my Amy postcard ; )) that I have sitting on top of a few framed prints. Kinda like a shelf. Cute idea.

So how hilarious is it that I linked to you today, and you linked to me!

Juliette said...

ha ha, we should have a secret blog buddy pinky-handshake or something! ;-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails