Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Happy New Year! Creative Goals 2011


Happy New Year! I hope you all had a lovely holiday season! Ours was FULL, but good! I've got a few posts in the pipeline: a few Christmas-y DIYs (that I photographed, but didn't have time to post before Christmas) and a few handmade gift tutorials. I've also been washing and ironing fabric like nobody's business, so now I have no more excuses!

I know a lot of people have been blogging about their New Year's resolutions, but I'm more a 'goals' kind of person and, while you could say it's just semantics, I thought I would post a few.

My Creative Goals for 2011:

1. Sew slower (and thereby neater)! I always rush rush rush and it often shows.

2. I have this idea for patchwork-esque pillows for the living room. I have drafts...but am yet to be satisfied with a pattern.

3. Make a quilt of sorts. I will probably start small; maybe a doll or baby quilt like Allison's?

4. Really try to make a tunic top. Remember these ideas I had?

5. I have an idea for a kind of pocketed bulletin board for my office...needs refining.

6. Improve my photography so I mess less with Photoshop.

7. Paint a mirror I have white.

8. Assemble and hang wall art in the kitchen.

9. Install a zipper on something.

10. Learn how to buttonhole on the sewing machine.

11. Post here more often!



What about you? Any creative goals (or resolutions) for you this year?

5 comments :

Carolyn said...

Can't wait to see! Sewing is on my list of 'learn in my life' ,but it'll have to wait until at least 2013 or so. :)

Allison said...

1. Oh, yes... rush, rush only comes after you have been at it for a while, and even then it shows.
2. Oh, oh, oh,... I know the fabric (and I love it!) would love to see the drafts. I sit on things for a while too and then all of a sudden it hits.
3. such fabulous taste! ; )
4. please, please don't make it too hard or you will want to pull your hair out!... trust me!

9. this might help http://campbellsoupdiary.blogspot.com/2008/11/at-recent-selling-events-i-have-had.html
10. actually easier than you might think!
11. Will be reading.

You should make 12. Move closer to Hamburg so Allison can show me the above things ; )

Happy New Year!

Monica said...

I am definitely with you on the improving photography point. Actually took a semester of photography back in college but that was longer ago than I care to admit to.
Am trying to decide whether or not to paint a mirror that I have from my grandmother. If I do, it will definitely be white though.
Also, need to hang some art in the kitchen. We have been living in our house for almost two years and nothing is up.
Other than that I just picked up my knitting needles again.
Looks like you have some great projects lined up. Will be fun reading about them here.

Karoliina said...

I just subscribed to http://www.ottobredesign.com/ which is probably the best magazine for sewing for kids out there. And I ordered some cute fabric. Now I just need to find someone to babysit the kids so I can work on my projects...

Kelly said...

Yay for project lists! I'm hoping to make it through each room of the apt. for a low-budget spruce-up + I'm also hoping to sew a corduroy shirt-dress. It may take me all year to get to it, but that's probably ok (by then the weather will be cold again and I can actually wear it, right?)

Related Posts with Thumbnails