Happy New Year! I hope you all had a lovely holiday season! Ours was FULL, but good! I've got a few posts in the pipeline: a few Christmas-y DIYs (that I photographed, but didn't have time to post before Christmas) and a few handmade gift tutorials. I've also been washing and ironing fabric like nobody's business, so now I have no more excuses!
I know a lot of people have been blogging about their New Year's resolutions, but I'm more a 'goals' kind of person and, while you could say it's just semantics, I thought I would post a few.
My Creative Goals for 2011:
1. Sew slower (and thereby neater)! I always rush rush rush and it often shows.
2. I have this idea for patchwork-esque pillows for the living room. I have drafts...but am yet to be satisfied with a pattern.
3. Make a quilt of sorts. I will probably start small; maybe a doll or baby quilt like Allison's?
4. Really try to make a tunic top. Remember these ideas I had?
5. I have an idea for a kind of pocketed bulletin board for my office...needs refining.
6. Improve my photography so I mess less with Photoshop.
7. Paint a mirror I have white.
8. Assemble and hang wall art in the kitchen.
9. Install a zipper on something.
10. Learn how to buttonhole on the sewing machine.
11. Post here more often!
What about you? Any creative goals (or resolutions) for you this year?