Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Reveal: Pom Pom Trim

So I finished my project. I dressed up our two kitchen chairs. We started with plain Ikea chairs and pads.
Clean and simple, but nothing special. Here's the before:


I've been in a pom pom trim craving phase and decided to add some to our kitchen chairs. Something fun, yet subtle, especially since I used white on white.
(should've done this for my last Corner View post, huh?)


We're pleased with the outcome: fresh, subtle, and deviating from the Ikea-ness of it all. It was super fast and easy to just whipstich along the seams of the chair pad.


Yay for pom pom trim! Even Stefan likes it and
he was really skeptical at first!


I'll be posting another project I finished later, but for more DIY, head over to Kimba's blog for more links and inspiration!

7 comments :

Ingrid & Chris said...

Looks good :)

stephanie h said...

cute cute cute!

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

That little bit of trim really adds a little sumthin-sumthin!

Monika said...

It looks great! Makes them look special!

Katie @ makingthishome.com said...

I saw a woman today with pom pom trim on parts of her scarf. She looked like someone who loves crafting her own clothes, and it was SO cute. I was thinking of you and your chairs the entire time. I love them!

Juliette said...

Katie - that sounds like such a cute idea! I'm going to stock up on pom pom trim when I go to the States for Christmas. Wal-Mart is supposed to have tons of colors for cheaps! =)

MotherhoodFilm said...

I really enjoyed looking around your blog! What great ideas!!
*Eliza’s blog*

Related Posts with Thumbnails