Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Super fast curtain swaddle

There's an old Ivar shelf in my husband's office that drives me crazy. It wouldn't bother me if it wasn't also in the room that doubles as the primary guest room. However, it is - and it's mess is just horrible. So we worked with what we had and found a solution.


In our last apartment we had curtains in his office with a pattern that resembled an entomologist's collection: lots of birds, butterflies, plants, etc. Birds and plants are a hobby of his, so he was disappointed when he realized his new office wouldn't need curtains due to the massive skylight over his desk. So we decided to use them to cover up the ugly old Ivar shelf with all his messy-organized teaching materials. We added a few screws (ie pegs) to the unit, and thanks to these little curtain hooks, it's easy to close it up when you want.


Sure, it's basically a wall of fabric - but it's primarily his office, so as long as he's happy and the shelf is covered, then I'm happy. The best part is that we were able to use things we already had on hand. A bonus is that our printer is also in there, so it's not getting dusty anymore!


Stay tuned for another office project - this time in my office!

1 comment :

Traveling Mama said...

I love this idea! I inherited the UGLIEST shelf ever from my husband when we got married. I always talked about putting curtains on it, but I never could figure out how to attache them... duh. Your solution was so simple! Hahaha! I sold that old shelf as quickly as I could when we moved here, but I will be remembering this idea for the future!

Related Posts with Thumbnails